Very quick and super tasty recipe.
I’ve roasted the meat in the marinade and added the other igredients. I scaled down the recipe for 2 serving and I reduced the orzo to 1/2 cup, but I kept the broth quantity to 1 1/2 cups. I finished the dish with sliced preserved lemon and WOW! That was so good!
- 1 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/1 cup of jarred marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock (or equivalent water plus chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced preserved lemons for topping
- parsley for topping
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/mediterranean-artichoke-chicken-with-orzo.html?r=9 by By Carolyn Haas @Linky1
This dish gave to my whole apartment such a tempting smell! I love the thyme addition! I used the herbs from my garden and potatoes I have at home (yellow and one purple potatoes), they where great and taste but did not turn to mashed potatoes (this depends on the quality of the potatoes). I prepared as suggested (halved and with skin), placed them cut slice done on the plate and then tossed with the additions. Finally I placed them in the oven again (cut side up) until the borders were lightly browned.
I’m super happy with the results, I will prepare these in the same way again and I highly recommend this preparation.
No matter did not turn out as mashed potatoes, they were perfect in any case and I did not miss anything.
- 1 kilogram potatoes (Carisma Potatoes, unpeeled and halved)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lemon, whole (finely grated zest of)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked, ground)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/thyme-lemon-smashed-potatoes-25983 by I’mPat
WOW! This was a great hit and the preparation was very simple. I placed raw zucchini (I skipped the peas and carrots) slices around the chicken as I was broiling it and then I added the other ingredients (ham, tomatoes sauce and mozzarella) and finished to cook this great dish.
- TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon oil (olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can (400 gram) tomatoes, chopped (no-added-salt)
- 2 (200 grams) boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of fat and sliced to make 4 flat thin fillets)
- 40 grams all-purpose flour (plain, 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites (from 50 grams eggs) + some Dijon mustard
- 90 grams dry breadcrumbs (wholemeal 1 cup)
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar I’ve skipped this
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (shredded)
- 4 ham slices (shave thin) I’ve used chicken ham
- 80 grams mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup 35% reduced-fat grated)
- ON THE SIDE
- 2 large zucchini (steamed to serve) I’ve broiled them with the chicken
- 300 grams peas (sugar snap, trimmed, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
- 3 large carrots (sliced, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicken-parmigiana-15218 by I’mPat
I love Greece, Greek people and Greek food. No wonder that I had to try this recipe. It was a wonderful choice as it was a great simple way to turn eggs into delicious bites with a special accent!
I substituted mayonnaise by Greek yogurt only for personal preference.
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 Tbsp ouzo liqueur
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used Greek yogurt)
- 6 black olives, pitted and chopped
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/other-appetizer/greek-deviled-eggs-with-ouzo.html?r=9 By Mikekey
Light, tasty and incredible good. Can be served as starter or with the addition of some pasta noodles as main dish. We loved this and we are looking forward to make this again.
Serve warm or cold
Heat oil in the skillet and fry garlic until aromatic, add vegetables and saute until softened, Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Blend all the ingredients for the pesto.
Serve vegetables on single plates, top with pesto, additional pine nuts, grated Parmesan and a few basil leaves.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into strips
- 4 red peppers (long kind, not hot), seed removed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
- Toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-24566 by: TeresaS
This soup was so different, filling and so good!
I’ve prepared 3 portions using 2 avocados, one medium onion and 4 garlic cloves as I used about 2 1/2 cups of water.
I’ve fried onion, garlic and ginger with the oil, added the other ingredients and blended it all together.
I prepared the mind in a small mortar and each of us dripped the oil directly in his bowl.
I can imagine to prepare exactly the same recipe with cilantro as well!
Ingredients (for 3-4 portions)
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pinch of dried chili
- 2 limes, juice of
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 medium avocados
- 2-3 cups water
- salt & pepper
MINT OLIVE OIL:
- 15 – 20 fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Source and recipe description: Annacia’s “Warm avocado soup”
So attractive and so delicious!
Perfect recipe for warm days or for us waiting for the summer again!
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped large
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/c6702c27-0993-11e7-89fb-42010af00043.html by Annacia
Athina is the author of the wonderful blog “Kicking back the pebbles” where you will find much more than only recipes, it’s like an open window from your desk directly to the vibrant Athens. She published a lot of interesting articles.
I just tried her awesome pumpkin spice recipe (about 1/8 teaspoon, but more is great as well 😉 ) with some sweetened and thickened (I used 1 teaspoon rice glutinous flour) milk. The result is a wonderful pumpkin spice latte perfect for the cold and humid days like here now.
This mix can be used in many different ways; you will find the suggestions in her blog!
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground mace
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Source and description: http://www.kickingbackthepebbles.com/diy-pumpkin-spice/ by Athina
Lovely colors, lovely texture, healthy, quick, easy and awesome taste! What do you want more? You have to try this!
For this recipe I used wide green beans which I cut into 6 cm (about 2 inch) long pieces. For cooking Io added a splash of water and I followed the perfect recipe: see link!
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp peeled and grated ginger
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
12 oz haricot vert or standard green beans, trimmed
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
toasted white sesame seeds, for garnish
toasted black sesame seeds, for garnish
I always loved grilled eggplants and this version is real delish! I appreciated very much the combination with the yogurt sauce and the addition of Zaatar spices! I did not toss the eggplants with the yogurt sauce, but I spread some yogurt sauce over each grilled eggplant sheet. For the chili I opted to sprinkle some Turkish chili flakes over the eggplants. For the green herbs I used some sliced African basil leaves.
I highly recommend this recipe
- 1 pound eggplant (3 Japanese eggplants)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup labneh (or you can substitute Greek yogurt)
- 1 lemon, whole (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons za’tar seasoning
- Jalapeño pepper (1/2 pepper)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed (toasted)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Herbs (of your choice, such as cilantro, dill, basil, or parsley)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/grilled-or-oven-roasted-japanese-eggplant-salad-24944 by ForeverMama