Summer, Italian dreams …. It’s time for a capuccino. No fancy machine available?
Don’t worry we have the solution! Here are a couple of tricks to help you up your Italian cappuccino.
You need (makes two):
- 1/2 cups fresh brewed strong espresso or other strong coffee
- 1 cup milk
- Cacao powder
- 2-4 teaspoons sugar (quantity to taste)
- Brew the espresso, set aside and keep warm
- Prepare themik:
- 1st method: Warm up the milk until hot, don’t boil it! Whip warm milk in a blender until foams is formed. This takes about 1 minute.
- 2nd method: Pour it in a French press and work the press with smooth up and down pumping movements till the milk is double its volume.
- 3rd method: Pour milk into a jar with tight fitting lid. Close the lid and shake. Then it’s time to shake until your milk has about doubled in volume. Now microwave for 30 seconds. Keep a close eye on it as might be close to boiling over.
- Pour coffee in the cups, pour the milk using a spoon to hold back the foam. Then scoop the foam on top!
- Dust with cacao powder.
- Add sugar and enjoy.