Chinese steamed eggs or water egg is a Chinese home-style dish found all over China. Eggs are beaten to a consistency similar to that used for an omelette and then steamed.
A simple and comforting recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimps
- 1/2 teaspoon green onion or scallion, finely chopped
- To prepare the shirmps place them in warm water until soft; drain and cut into small pieces.
- In a heat safe bowl combine egg, soy sauce, salt and sesame oil.
- Stir in the water.
- Place the bowl in a steamer and steam for 15 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with shrimps and green onion before serving