For a colorful and attractive Chinese meal you will need a few vegetable dishes. Here is one that I would suggest.
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 500 g broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed (not roasted)
- In small bowl, combine cold water and cornstarch.
- Blanch the broccoli for 2 to 3 minutes in a big pot of boiling water. Drain while still crisp and place in cold water to shock broccoli and stop cooking process. Drain again and set aside on a serving plate and keep warm.
- To prepare the sauce combine chicken stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce sugar and sesame oil. Bring to boil.
- Add water and cornstarch mixture and stir until it thickens.
- Remove sauce from heat. Pour over broccoli.
- Top with sesame seed and serve immediately.