Recipe according the original recipe:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 anchovies (about 1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 mussels, scrubbed clean
- 8 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or 1 1/2 cups fish stock or 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/2 pound white fish fillet, cut into bite sized dice (grouper, swordfish, halibut, snapper)
- 4 sea scallops
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 pound calamari, cleaned and sliced crosswise into rings
My changes accordin what I had on hand:
I did not have 8 mussels, 8 littleneck and 4 sea scallops clams so I doubled the quantity of white fish. Instead of big calamari I had mini ones that I forgot I had in the freezer! 🙂 Instead of tomato sauce I used 4 fresh Roma tomatoes finely diced and I added one small red onion really finely chopped. I forgot to peel the shrimps, but this was not a problem. I had to use frozen parsley, but this has no impact with the taste.
Finally I had to change much less than expected and the result was amazing!
We enjoyed it with focaccia with rosemary (I had some pieces in the freezer as well)!