This is a delicious hot beverage with exotic touch.
I confess diluted the milk with water (1+1) and added little more cornstarch as I wanted it lighter.
After the ingredients were dissolved and the beverage had thickened I wished until I got little fooam.
For the pistachios: I peeled the pistacios and to remove the thin skin I rolled them with my hand on a working surface, most of the skin peeled off! This makes the chopped pischios nicer, greener and more enjoyable.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (2-3 teaspoons)
- 4 cups milk ( for me: 2 cups milk + 2 cups water)
- 3 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons rose water, or 2 tablespoons orange blossom water (I used rose water)
- 2 teaspoons pistachios, finely chopped
- 4 dashes cinnamon
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/egyptian-sahlab-or-sahlep-478633 by Mia in Germany