Enjoyable light vegetables side dish, to delicious to be only a side dish. I roasted the asparagus under the broiler for about 12 minutes as the asparagus were quite long but thin!
We eat this with chicken cooked in the oven (at the same time but not under the broiler) after making some cuts and marinating it (marinated with dark soy sauce, rice vinegar, roasted sesame oil, vegetable oil, hoisin sauce, brown sugar); topping sesame seeds.
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced ( I used the jarred kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/asian-roasted-asparagus-498564 by Linky