Easy and perfect recipe. The batter came out perfect delicious and after backing it was very easy to turn cake on the plate. As I don’t have strawberries or raspberries jam I used I used 3 full tablespoons light cherries jam with fruits + 1 tablespoon black currants jam (both self made with fruits from the garden).
This recipe is for sure very flexible and I can imagine I can use this in the future for different kind of fruits as well!
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb, or 300-g pkg frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup strawberry or seedless raspberry jam, I used 3 full tablespoons light cherries jam with fruits + 1 tablespoon black currants jam
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cups milk