What for a delicious dinner we had this evening!
I cooked the chicken with it’s marinade after having marinated it with the first 8 ingredients. In the meanwhile I begun to prepare the tortillas and the salsa.
I sliced the chicken breast for serving and served the cooked marinade as additional sauce. The sour cream had been replaced by Greek yogurt as I have this ingredient always on hand.
This was a delicious dinner and our unexpected guest loved it very much as well!
- 3 small limes (juice and zest of)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, I used a small grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts, trimmed of any fat)
- MANGO & BLACK BEAN SALSA
- 2 large (14 ounces) mango (ripe, peeled and chopped)
- 1 can (8 ounce) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (I removed the seeds and veins), I used little piri piro sauce
- Fresh cilantro (1 handful, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large lime (juiced)
- Corn tortilla, warmed
- Cotija cheese (or cheddar or Jack), skipped
- Sour cream, replaced by Greek yogurt
- Guacamole, skipped