These are cute and very tasty tarts! I prepared them as described and the dough came out just right (I did not need to add more water).
For the filling I used chopped dried cranberries on the bottom of the tart and on the top I placed a piece of nut.
To make a fancy border I pinched the dough with a kitchen tweezers, it’s easy an it makes the tart more attractive.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 cup ice water (or more, if needed)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light cream (or half-and-half)
- 1/2 cup raisins ( I used cramberries) or chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), optional
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/butter-tarts.html?p=28 by Vickie Parks Northwestgal