Yummy! I have at the moment lot of chives growing in my pot and I was happy to use some of it in this way.
I opted to mash the potatoes simply with the fork, only for personal taste as I love more structure. I also reduced the butter as I’m really trying to eat with less fat as possible, but I did not want to strike out the butter as the taste of butter is unique. I think this can be done with all kind of mashed potatoes even if only using potatoes flakes!
- 6 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, divided (less if desired)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creme fraiche (possible substitution: light fresh cheese!)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt, to taste
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/mashed-potatoes-with-creme-fraiche-and-chives-373346 by LifeIsGood