This sauce came out super yummy, tasty and slightly hot and we enjoyed it very much with cold sliced BBQ chicken.
To prepare this is very easy and works quickly. I made a small change; I added some olive oil which gave a less liquid consistence to the mustard.
The addition of Worcestershire made this mustard sauce perfect, this is a great tip!
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup juice from a jar of pickled jalapeños
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup prepared yellow mustard (can use other type, but won’t be as historically accurate)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne