It was a quick decision to prepare some grilled meat this evening and as my son prepared some fire to roast his corn I accepted the idea and this recipe was my choice as I had it already saved for a trial.
I prepared this so quick that I forget to use the parsley for the meat, so I added it to the relish! The mustard was very important for the relish and made this very different from the other fresh salsas.
- 1/4 cup honey (I reduced this to one teaspoon)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 lb skirt steak
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustrard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-beef/honey-lime-grilled-steak-w-avocado-tomato-relish.html?p=1 by Daily Inspirations (Nancy’s Pantry)