For this recipe I had to shopping and I can really say that it was worth to do it!
The grapfruit I found was pink, but the orange (sorry) were only pale orange.
What I could not find it was the jicama, for this reason I skipped it and I preapared this with all the other ingredients,
For decoration I used some leaves of baby romana that I found.
My family loved this filling salad as side dish to grilled meat.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup bite-size strips peeled jicama
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned*
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned*
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and cut up
- 3 cups torn boston or bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or other soft cheese
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/salad/other-salad/mexican-citrus-salad-with-avocado.html by Baby Kato