Very simple and tasty recipe, it was easy to prepare and very tasty.
We ate this cold but I can imagine that cut into bite sizes and served with tooth-sticks this could be served as cold appetizer as well.
For decoration I added some rings of green onions.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- sliced pickled jalapenos, for topping (optional)
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/vegetable/tex-mex-stuffed-zucchini.html by Mikekey