I prepared this dish, because I saw that this was a complete meal (with addition of bread) and because I wanted to prepare something Native American. It was easy to assemble and while it was cooking I had plenty of time for other things.
We loved this, especially my son who took this 3 times!
- 2 red (12 ounces) bell peppers
- 4 ounces chilies (Ortega canned)
- 1 tablespoon oil (sunflower oil)
- 1 pound venison roast (chopped small)
- 1 (8 ounce) yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 whole (ounces) carrots, chopped
- 3 cups hominy
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup chopped endive (or other bitter green)
Source and description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/apache-stew-slow-cooker-23-native-american-18823 by Dienia