Only one week ago I made my homemade crème de menthe and now I’m more than glad that had the opportunity to try this with this fabulous drink!
Fot this recipe I used good quality (Swiss) chocolate and I melted it in the microwave directly in the cup of coffee.
All this made a wonderful drink that we enjoyed very much!!!!
- 1 cup strong coffee, fresh brewed
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate (not powder cocoa mix), I used fresh grated good quality (Swiss) chocolate
- 1 oz irish whiskey
- whipped cream (the kind from the can)
- 1 teaspoon creme de menthe, I used homemade
- chocolate shavings or cocoa powder (for garnish), I used fresh grated good quality (Swiss) chocolate
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/drink/drink-hot-drink/chocolate-irish-coffee.html?p=221 by Vickie Parks Northwestgal