Easy and lightly sweet, this Onion soup is a classic thread that merits to tried out!
You will not need lot of time assembling the soup, but during the long cooking time you will have enough time to prepare other dishes or simply to take time for yourself!
Enjoy with additional French bread!
- 3 large Vidalia or other sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 1 fresh French batard or baguette bread loaf
- 4 ounces cave-aged Gruyere cheese
Source and recipe description: http://palatablepastime.com/2014/06/23/soupe-a-loignon-gratinee-french-onion-soup/ by Sue Lau