This was a wonderful salad that we enjoyed very much! I reduced the salad to one third as we needed this only as side and we were only 3 of us.
As I was almost finished I wanted arrange the table and I brought the laptop back to the living rooms; I did not check the recipe again and I forgot to add the cheese. It was so delicious that I did not miss it and my family was very glad with the result. We all loved the salad.
The dressing was wonderful and I will adopt it for other salads, Thanks!
Next time I will add the cheese and I’m sure it will be even better!
- 3 lb medium white mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon pure olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp marsala wine
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 c coarsely shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 c coarsely shredded boston lettuce
- 1/2 c shredded gouda cheese, aged gouda or goat gouda (1 ounce), I did no use