A winner appetizer very quick to assemble and impressive. Can be adapted to any taste and inspirations.
- 240 g brie round, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- pepper to taste
- 1 round (30 cm) puff pastry sheet, if possible light kind
- 1 egg beaten (1/2 egg to brush and 1/2 egg to add to the filling)
I sliced brie in half , placed the bottom half in the center of the puff pasty sheet, added mustard, roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons olives, 1/2 egg beaten, pepper and I covered the top half. After this I arranged the pastry edges attractively on top of brie overlapping the borders, brushed with the second half of beaten egg , decorated with olives and baked in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes.
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/brie-en-croute-stuffed-with-olives-roasted-peppers-85968 by Baby Kato