WOW! This was soooo delicious! I reduced the quantity of potatoes for 2 persons (2 medium potatoes for each of us) but made the same quantity of sauce.
I saved half of the sauce for my green asparagus and both, potatoes gratins and asparagus turned out soooo delicous!
I substituted the thyme by fresh (4 tablespoons) savory; as mustard I used the Dijon mustard with whole seeds!
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 800 grams potatoes (peeled)
- 50 grams butter
- 2 spring onions (scallions, finely sliced or 1 small brown onion, finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plain)
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (fresh and chopped)
- 1 cup grated cheese (tasty cheese)
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs, I forgot this ingredient!
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mini-potato-gratins-15000 Created by: ImPat