This is a really 5 stars recipe, amazing good and really special and I really recommend it!
I prepared this for two persons, but I made the full amount of sauce as I needed it for the asparagus which I served with the chicken.
To make the sauce lighter and for personal taste I reduced the amount of sugar and butter used for the sauce, but I’m sure that the original recipe is not less good!
Will make this again!
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts (finely chopped, make sure the pieces are small)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (dry, seasoned)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (reduced amount)
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (bourbon whiskey)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (reduced amount)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
Original recipe: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/pecan-chicken-with-bourbon-sauce-19700 by: LifeIsGood