This is a real winner! My son asked for this recipe as I loved it so much and he would prepare this for himself. The potatoes were cooked through but still “al dente” and the mushrooms sauce made this real delicious!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled thinly sliced ( I used 1 kg potatoes)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar ( I used 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon flour
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup ( I combined and blended 1 cup broth + 1/2 cup condensed milk + 1 tablespoon flour + 2 tablespoons dried porcini mushrooms + nutmeg + 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 slices american cheese ( I used 1/2 cup grated cheese)
- Place potatoes in a bowl with the water and lemon juice. Toss and drain.
- Layer in a greased baking mold: half potatoes, half onions, half four and half salt and pepper. Then again potatoes, onions, flour and salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the mushroom soup and blend well. Place in the microwave until it comes to boil (take out from the microwave from time to time and stir.
- Add butter to the prepared layers and pour your hot prepared cream of mushroom soup.
- Cover and bake at 95°C for about 4 hours. Check form time to time.
- Add cheese 30 minutes before serving and finally broil 3 minutes just until the cheese becomes to brown.
Original recipe: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-potatoes/crock-pot-scalloped-potatoes.html?p=4 by Annacia