Light, tasty and incredible good. Can be served as starter or with the addition of some pasta noodles as main dish. We loved this and we are looking forward to make this again.
Serve warm or cold
Heat oil in the skillet and fry garlic until aromatic, add vegetables and saute until softened, Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Blend all the ingredients for the pesto.
Serve vegetables on single plates, top with pesto, additional pine nuts, grated Parmesan and a few basil leaves.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into strips
- 4 red peppers (long kind, not hot), seed removed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
- Toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-24566 by: TeresaS