Beets are one of our favorite summer salad! For this recipe I reduced the potatoes to only one small one (about 150 g) as we were only 3 persons. The mustard seeds make this dish special and I loved the lemon (instead of vinegar) for this recipe.
I did not dice the onions, I simply sliced them and I placed them about 1 hr in cold water to make them milder (I knew mines were to strong).
I topped them with parsley to serve.
- 150 g yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500 g red beets
- 1/4 c fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 medium onion (yellow or red), sliced and placed in cold water to make it milder
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard seeds (mustard preparation with whole seed would work as well)
- 1 pinch fenugreek powder (optional)
- chopped parsley to serve
Source: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/potatoes/ethiopian-beet-potato-salad By Lori Loucas @jostlori