This recipe is wonderful. Marinate, coat , bake (10 -12 min by 220°C) and enjoy!
- 12 jumbo shrimp ( 10 to 12 per lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup unseasonned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
to serve with
Source: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/jumbo-shrimp-parmesan-42169 by Marie
I love Greece, Greek people and Greek food. No wonder that I had to try this recipe. It was a wonderful choice as it was a great simple way to turn eggs into delicious bites with a special accent!
I substituted mayonnaise by Greek yogurt only for personal preference.
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 Tbsp ouzo liqueur
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used Greek yogurt)
- 6 black olives, pitted and chopped
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/other-appetizer/greek-deviled-eggs-with-ouzo.html?r=9 By Mikekey
Light, tasty and incredible good. Can be served as starter or with the addition of some pasta noodles as main dish. We loved this and we are looking forward to make this again.
Serve warm or cold
Heat oil in the skillet and fry garlic until aromatic, add vegetables and saute until softened, Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Blend all the ingredients for the pesto.
Serve vegetables on single plates, top with pesto, additional pine nuts, grated Parmesan and a few basil leaves.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into strips
- 4 red peppers (long kind, not hot), seed removed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
- Toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-24566 by: TeresaS
So attractive and so delicious!
Perfect recipe for warm days or for us waiting for the summer again!
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped large
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/c6702c27-0993-11e7-89fb-42010af00043.html by Annacia
How good and beautiful!
We all (8 of us) appreciated these very much and we enjoyed our Japanese dinner with these sushi rolls.
I loved the idea to use smoked salmon as this is naturally preserved and safe! I could make 12 slices from each roll for a total of 48 bites!
Really a great recipe and a real keeper!
- 300 grams dry rice (sushi glutinous white rice, 1 1/2 cups dry)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (rice or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 avocado, whole (large), skin and seed removed, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 11 grams nori seaweed (4 sheets @ 2.75 gm each)
- 80 grams smoked salmon (4 large slices)
- Fresh chives (1 bunch)
- Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), to serve
- Wash the rice with enough water until the water comes out clear.
- Bring water and rice to boil. Let simmer covered until the water is adorbed (this takes about 12 minutes).
- In a small bowl combine vinegar ans sugar. Add this to the rice, stir, cover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Turn rice on a plate to cool completely down if you need to prepare the sushi soon. Make 4 portions.
- Prepare the avocado and drizzle with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. Will make 4 portions!
- Cover your sushi mat with plastic foil, place the nori on it and spread the rice over the sheet (let one border free to close the roll). Place the salmon, chives and the first portion of avocado.
- Fold the bottom and roll it tightly using the mat helping yourself with the foil.
- Close the border with little flour and a few mashed rice corns (natural glue).
- I cut this without removing the foil making 12 sliced from each roll.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi paste and pickled ginger.
Original source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/smoked-salmon-avocado-sushi-24191 by: twissis
Adobo is one of the foods most associated with the Philippines, and in fact, adobo is considered the ‘national dish’ of the Philippines. As all adobo recipes this includes a quintessential vinegar-based adobo marinade/sauce.
I prepared this for our virtual travel tour around the word without any high exceptions and I’me more than impressed about the result! This has been enjoyed very much and my guest loved this as well.
- 2 cups shrimp (hipon), peeled and cleaned
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp vinegar ( I used white balsamico)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp powdered pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/seafood/philippines-adobong-hipon-shrimp-adobo.html?p=61 By Baby Kato @BabyKato
Bake for about 15 minutes at 180°C after tossing all the ingredients together and you will get this interesting combination: salty, sweet and garlicky. We loved it!
- 2 c pecans (can sub other nuts)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp calamansi juice (or lime juice)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Source:http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/snack/nut-snack/adobo-flavored-pecans.html?p=1 by Carolyn Haas @Linky1
Cute and and an evergreen! I made this for only 2 of us and I reduced the quantities of the original recipe. I boiled the eggs as described in the recipe for about 1 minute and I switched the heat off. After 15 minutes I placed the eggs in cold water, I peeled them and with a sharp knife it was easy to cut into two halves. For the filling I used Greek yogurt (10% fat) + little olive oil and half cooked egg yolk to make my “mayonnaise”. The fresh chives from the garden and some some additional chili fakes gave them a wonderful and spicy taste.
Ingredients: (serves 2-4)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil, I used olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt + 1 teaspoon olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- red chili flakes, addtional
Wonderful and easy! Can be prepared in advance and it is full of taste. I suggest to use this as addition to a simple dinner, for picnics and as pita filling!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienne sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Source:http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mushroom-and-sun-dried-tomato-salad-1200 by: QueenBea
A winner appetizer very quick to assemble and impressive. Can be adapted to any taste and inspirations.
- 240 g brie round, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- pepper to taste
- 1 round (30 cm) puff pastry sheet, if possible light kind
- 1 egg beaten (1/2 egg to brush and 1/2 egg to add to the filling)
I sliced brie in half , placed the bottom half in the center of the puff pasty sheet, added mustard, roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons olives, 1/2 egg beaten, pepper and I covered the top half. After this I arranged the pastry edges attractively on top of brie overlapping the borders, brushed with the second half of beaten egg , decorated with olives and baked in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes.
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/brie-en-croute-stuffed-with-olives-roasted-peppers-85968 by Baby Kato