Wonderful and easy! Can be prepared in advance and it is full of taste. I suggest to use this as addition to a simple dinner, for picnics and as pita filling!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienne sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Source:http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mushroom-and-sun-dried-tomato-salad-1200 by: QueenBea
A winner appetizer very quick to assemble and impressive. Can be adapted to any taste and inspirations.
- 240 g brie round, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- pepper to taste
- 1 round (30 cm) puff pastry sheet, if possible light kind
- 1 egg beaten (1/2 egg to brush and 1/2 egg to add to the filling)
I sliced brie in half , placed the bottom half in the center of the puff pasty sheet, added mustard, roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons olives, 1/2 egg beaten, pepper and I covered the top half. After this I arranged the pastry edges attractively on top of brie overlapping the borders, brushed with the second half of beaten egg , decorated with olives and baked in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes.
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/brie-en-croute-stuffed-with-olives-roasted-peppers-85968 by Baby Kato
I prepared this frittata as addition to our dinner and to use the leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch. It was so good that it was difficult not to take more and stop eating; we needed it for tomorrow! 🙂 The thyme is the perfect spice for this preparation. I appreciated this recipe very much also because it was a great way to use the egg-whites leftovers I had in the freezer.
I used my paella pan to prepare this.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small (4 ounce) potato (white potato, cooked and thinly slice)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Source and recipe description http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/pepper-potato-frittata-21571 by TeresaS
WOW! I never made biscuits before and I’m really impressed how quick, easy and phenomenal is this recipe. This is a keeper I will make this and variation of this again as it is a wonderful way to prepare some quick bread or something that I can serve by unattended guests!
- 1 1/3 cup (175g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (45g) polenta or fine milled corn meal
- 3 tablespoons (45g) sugar (optional, i don’t use it)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups packed, 170g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (1 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh jalapeños (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 cup+ 2 tablespoons heavy cream (200ml), plus extra for brushing
Source and description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/bread/bread-biscuits/cheddar-and-jalapeno-biscuits.html by Annacia
I made this yesterday and the result was great!
I used puff pastry pie crust which I cut into squares and placed in a greased muffin tin (I find the edges cute!). To the filling I added little fresh savory.
They came out super yummy and I was glad I could offer these to my friends! Great recipe and very easy.
- 15 ounces pkg. pie crusts, refrigerated
- 1 1⁄2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh savory (to be added with the nutmeg, optional)
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/cheese-appetizer/mini-swiss-quiches.html?p=6 by Lynn Dine diner525
I prepared this in form of 12 small single quiches using a rectangular pie crust, half of the filling, cutting it is square pieces and placing the pieces in a greased muffin this. It was really wonderful, I loves the combination of mushrooms and thyme. My friends as well really loved this and they were very surprised of the homemade quiches.
Base of Quiche Ingredients
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 lb sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
Egg Custard Ingredients (made with filling)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- fresh savory, chopped (optional)
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/moosewood-swiss-cheese-and-mushroom-quiche-434271 by Sophie a Toast
I made the soda bread myself and I added the dill with the chives to the butter as I used some purslane (happy I found a lot of this wild-green) to eat with and decorate this plate. It’s a very simply recipe, but the homemade butter makes the difference.
- 1 loaf irish soda bread
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 8 oz smoked salmon, sliced
- fresh dill for garnish
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/seafood-appetizer/smoked-salmon-on-irish-soda-bread-w.html
WOW! This was very new for us and it was sooo delicious, a real winner!
The recipe is very easy to follow, I made a small change not covering while baking in the oven. Just before serving I made several incisions in the cheese in order to let flow out the melted cheese. The maple syrup makes the dish more delicious and after spooning out out portions we added some more pepper.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound brie (1 round, 250 g)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Baguette croutons, lightly toasted
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/brie-with-maple-syrup-apples-walnuts-20546 by Marramaba
Do you Boursin cheese and you don’t want to go out for shopping? If you have some cream cheese and herbs (dried and/or fresh) you will see how easy it is and how delicious it will be. You can make you variations and have always something different.
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened ( 2 8 oz. bars)
- 8 ounces whipped butter, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Source and recipe description. http://www.food.com/recipe/make-your-own-boursin-cheese-paula-deen-248495 by LifeIsGood
Cute and delicious finger to food to make again!
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick ( 36 slices)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, large chopped ( about 4 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine ( I used cream sherry)
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere, finely shredded ( about 3 oz)
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/french-onion-bites-477435 by Debbwl