As I saw this recipe I could not resist to try it: I love shrimps, cilantro and lime! We enjoyed this very much. This quick recipe makes a great dish in a few minutes!
- 1/2 pound shrimp (medium shrimp, shelled and deveined)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons Tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coarse chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/tequila-lime-shrimp-21345 TeresaS
This is a recipe I loved very much as well as my family as the fish resulted perfect and came out beautifully! Read the description of the original recipe, this is THE way to prepare flounder … and you may season as you wish.
Good to know how!!!!!
- 4 4- to 6-ounce, 1/2-inch-thick fresh (not frozen) flounder fillets (or substitute sole, snapper, catfish, tilapia, swai, or any thin white fish)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp or so all-purpose flour or rice flour (optional)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 c fresh lrmon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, or flat-leaf parsley
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/fish/azorean-flounder-with-lemon-butter-sauce.html?p=8 by Annacia * @Annacia
So much flavor and so quick! We loved this shrimps very much and we will prepare this again! The list of ingredients is incredible short (unusual for the recipes I select), but I didn’t miss anything. The recipe is simply perfect!
- 1 lb shrimp, skin off and tail on
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
What for a wonderful easy and tasty salmon dish! I prepared this wonderful dish with all the suggested ingredients except of the green onion (I did not have it on hand) and the result was amazing and beautiful as well. I reduced the teriyaki sauce to about 1/2 cup using it to marinate; after grilling the the salmon I placed the fish on a plate and I quickly added the marinate on the quickly washed grilling pan with little water and I boiled it shortly. After this I served the now hot marinade on the fish.
I really can recommend this recipe; enjoy!!!
- 1 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided (I used only 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 300 g king salmon, cut into 1-ounce strips
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped (I did not use this)
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/seafood/teriyaki-salmon-strips.html?p=43 by Kathy D LifeIsGoodkd
This is one of Kato’s perfect recipes. The salmon resulted nice, tender and juicy!
We eat this with homemade sushi. Wonderful dinner!
- 2 salmon fillets with skin (3/4 inch thickness; skin will hold the flesh together while cooking.)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. sake (or dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp. sake (or dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp. mirin (or 1 tbsp. sake + 1 tsp. sugar)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
Source: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/fish/japanese-teriyaki-salmon.html?p=20 by Baby Kato
This is a delicious, and quick curry, easy to assemble and full of taste.
I had the curry leaves in the freezer and I substituted the fresh coconut by dry one. After roasting the coconut with the spices I added water and blended it well. I blended it again after 5 minutes that the coconut adsorbed the water.
For decoration and little color I added a few halved cherry tomatoes just before serving!
Great recipe Parvathy
Prawns – 10 to 12 numbers if small , if tiger prawns use 7 or 8
Tamarind- a small gooseberry size
Grated coconut- half cup ( I used dried, but I added half cup water before blending)
Whole pepper corns- 1 teaspoon
Paprika – 1 /2 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Coconut Oil- 1 teaspoon
Onion – if using small onions just 2 , if using big white onions 1 tablespoon chopped
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs (about 12 leaves)
Source: https://crackleandtemper.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/konju-theeyal-shrimp-in-a-spicy-roasted-coconut-curry/ by Parvathy V Nair
The original title of the recipe is Ww Dijon Fish Fillets – 2 Pts. I tagged this recipe because I was sure that I would love it an it was an ideal quick meal for week days dinner. The other reason was that I already tried several recipes posted by Teresas and all of them were delicious and light! I scaled this down to a recipe for 2 people.
I used frozen salmon filet which I prepared as described, that only change I had to make was to let them cook a few more minutes as this had to be defrosted before.
The result was amazing, the fish was tender and moist and the crust super delicious! I really recommend this recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) orange roughy fillets ( or flounder, perch or sole)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/ww-dijon-fish-fillets-2-pts-296075 by Teresas
The sauce for this fish is phenomenal! The cooking time should be respected as the salmon should stay moist!
- 3 tablespoons sweet cooking rice wine ( mirin)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar (I had normal rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce ( I had normal Japanese soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup if the honey is too strong in taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced ( I added little more as I read tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
Source; http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=310815 by Teseresas
Quick and delicious!
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (14 fl. ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillets
- 3 scallions, sliced into 3-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chiffonade sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1-2 minced Thai bird chiles
- steamed jasmine rice (optional)
- steamed green beans (optional)
- 3-4 lime wedges (optional)
Source: http://palatablepastime.com/2015/03/11/thai-salmon-curry/ by Sue L’s
Recipe according the original recipe:
http://mythreeovens.com/2014/12/12/zuppa-di-mare-seafood-soup/#comment-1114 by Threeovens
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 anchovies (about 1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 mussels, scrubbed clean
- 8 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or 1 1/2 cups fish stock or 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/2 pound white fish fillet, cut into bite sized dice (grouper, swordfish, halibut, snapper)
- 4 sea scallops
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 pound calamari, cleaned and sliced crosswise into rings
My changes accordin what I had on hand:
I did not have 8 mussels, 8 littleneck and 4 sea scallops clams so I doubled the quantity of white fish. Instead of big calamari I had mini ones that I forgot I had in the freezer! 🙂 Instead of tomato sauce I used 4 fresh Roma tomatoes finely diced and I added one small red onion really finely chopped. I forgot to peel the shrimps, but this was not a problem. I had to use frozen parsley, but this has no impact with the taste.
Finally I had to change much less than expected and the result was amazing!
We enjoyed it with focaccia with rosemary (I had some pieces in the freezer as well)!