The particular addition of kumquats makes this delish a sophisticated dish. I’m sure I will be asked to make this again!
Procedure and full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/moroccan-chicken-with-couscous-504284 by LifeIsGood
I arranged the cooked ingredients in order to get bites. Can be served as appetizer as well!
Procedure and full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-eggplant-with-harissa-potatoes-and-tomatoes-478799 by Mia in Germany
Savory flatbread that can be baked in the skillen and under the broiler.
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil)
- 2 cups sliced yellow onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/3 cup onions, caramelized (Prepared from ingredients above.)
- Flaky sea salt (for garnish – optional)
Full recipe and procedure: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/caramelized-onion-flatbreads-14646 by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle (KUW)
This is a highly recommended recipe. I used frozen light red cherries: great in taste and not too sweet.
Full recipe and procedure: http://www.food.com/recipe/levantine-beef-with-cherries-461646 by Mia in Germany
Delicious rob for meat, can be used for vegetable as well
I reduced the recipe to:
- 3/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 (=2/8) tablespoon allspice
- 1/4 (=2/8) tablespoon allspice, berrie
- 1/8 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 (=2/8) teaspoon nutmeg
Full recipe and procedure: http://www.food.com/recipe/levantine-pepper-rub-458575 by Mia in Germany
This sauce can be prepared all the year round as dried cranberries and not the fresh ones are the main ingredient. It’s delicious as side dish to meat, but can be used as jam over a slice of bread as well.
Placed in nice jars could be a wonderful Christmas Present!
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 5/8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-black currants mix, frozen (for the color, optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (made myself from very tasty Cretan oranges), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liquor
- Bring dried cranberries and water to boil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add currants, orange zest and sugar.
- Stir well and place in the oven in a temperature safe bowl covered to cook for about 1-2 hour at 325°F/150°C.
- Remove from the oven add liquor, stir and store closed tightly in the refrigerator.
Source/Inspiration: http://www.food.com/recipe/grand-marnier-cranberry-sauce-178845 by lazyme
I prepared these delicious meatballs using my BBQ.
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 small yellow onion
1 small apple, peeled and cored
1 Tbsp fresh sage, finely minced (or 1 teaspoon dried sage)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
salt, to taste
cracked black pepper, to taste
1 lb ground turkey (beef, chicken, pork, etc. can sub)
Preparation and full recipe see:
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-turkey/sage-and-apple-turkey-sausage.html?p=1 by CG / Celestina9000
A special potatoes salad with a spicy and herbed dressing.
For the potato salad
- 3 cups assorted potatoes, 1/2-inch dice (Yukon, purple, red bliss, or fingerling)
- 1 cup butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup blanched green beans, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper, 1/4-inch dice (red, yellow and or or orange)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, slivered
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, mint and or or basil)
For the vinaigrette
Source and full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/peasant-potato-salad-with-harissa-vinaigrette-505538 by Susie D
Quick and delicious salad. I recommend this for summer parties.
- 15 ounce can cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (about half a small one)
- 2 ripe Campari tomatoes, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves (may use fresh basil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup lemon-infused olive oil (may use regular extra-virgin olive oil)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, smashed with salt into a paste
Source and full recipe: http://palatablepastime.com/2014/02/25/mediterranean-chickpea-salad-balela/#comment-10348 by Sue Lau
A nicely soft and spiced challah spotted with cranberries.
See full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/cinnamon-and-cranberry-challah-476414 by Nancy’s Patry