This soup was so different, filling and so good!
I’ve prepared 3 portions using 2 avocados, one medium onion and 4 garlic cloves as I used about 2 1/2 cups of water.
I’ve fried onion, garlic and ginger with the oil, added the other ingredients and blended it all together.
I prepared the mind in a small mortar and each of us dripped the oil directly in his bowl.
I can imagine to prepare exactly the same recipe with cilantro as well!
Ingredients (for 3-4 portions)
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pinch of dried chili
- 2 limes, juice of
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 medium avocados
- 2-3 cups water
- salt & pepper
MINT OLIVE OIL:
- 15 – 20 fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Source and recipe description: Annacia’s “Warm avocado soup”
So attractive and so delicious!
Perfect recipe for warm days or for us waiting for the summer again!
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped large
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/c6702c27-0993-11e7-89fb-42010af00043.html by Annacia
How good and beautiful!
We all (8 of us) appreciated these very much and we enjoyed our Japanese dinner with these sushi rolls.
I loved the idea to use smoked salmon as this is naturally preserved and safe! I could make 12 slices from each roll for a total of 48 bites!
Really a great recipe and a real keeper!
- 300 grams dry rice (sushi glutinous white rice, 1 1/2 cups dry)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (rice or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 avocado, whole (large), skin and seed removed, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 11 grams nori seaweed (4 sheets @ 2.75 gm each)
- 80 grams smoked salmon (4 large slices)
- Fresh chives (1 bunch)
- Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), to serve
- Wash the rice with enough water until the water comes out clear.
- Bring water and rice to boil. Let simmer covered until the water is adorbed (this takes about 12 minutes).
- In a small bowl combine vinegar ans sugar. Add this to the rice, stir, cover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Turn rice on a plate to cool completely down if you need to prepare the sushi soon. Make 4 portions.
- Prepare the avocado and drizzle with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. Will make 4 portions!
- Cover your sushi mat with plastic foil, place the nori on it and spread the rice over the sheet (let one border free to close the roll). Place the salmon, chives and the first portion of avocado.
- Fold the bottom and roll it tightly using the mat helping yourself with the foil.
- Close the border with little flour and a few mashed rice corns (natural glue).
- I cut this without removing the foil making 12 sliced from each roll.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi paste and pickled ginger.
Original source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/smoked-salmon-avocado-sushi-24191 by: twissis
For this recipe I had to shopping and I can really say that it was worth to do it!
The grapfruit I found was pink, but the orange (sorry) were only pale orange.
What I could not find it was the jicama, for this reason I skipped it and I preapared this with all the other ingredients,
For decoration I used some leaves of baby romana that I found.
My family loved this filling salad as side dish to grilled meat.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup bite-size strips peeled jicama
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned*
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned*
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and cut up
- 3 cups torn boston or bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or other soft cheese
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/salad/other-salad/mexican-citrus-salad-with-avocado.html by Baby Kato
It was a quick decision to prepare some grilled meat this evening and as my son prepared some fire to roast his corn I accepted the idea and this recipe was my choice as I had it already saved for a trial.
I prepared this so quick that I forget to use the parsley for the meat, so I added it to the relish! The mustard was very important for the relish and made this very different from the other fresh salsas.
- 1/4 cup honey (I reduced this to one teaspoon)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 lb skirt steak
FOR THE RELISH
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustrard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-beef/honey-lime-grilled-steak-w-avocado-tomato-relish.html?p=1 by Daily Inspirations (Nancy’s Pantry)
Avocado salad with delicious topping on a bed of fresh green leaves
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, raw
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 6 green olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/spring-salad-with-dried-cranberries-pistachios-and-olives-478998 By Mia in Germany
Guacamole is a delicious sauce that we love especially in winter. This time we used this as side dish for a Mexican chicken mole.
1 large garlic clove, grated
1 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped (can sub dried or the kind that comes in a tube if necessary), I used a tablespoon chopped frozen cilantro
1 mediumr oma tomato (I used about 12 cherry tomatoes)
1 medium jalapeño or serrano pepper, de-veined, minced
2 Tbsp red or white onion, minced
1/2 lime – juiced salt to taste