Very quick and super tasty recipe.
I’ve roasted the meat in the marinade and added the other igredients. I scaled down the recipe for 2 serving and I reduced the orzo to 1/2 cup, but I kept the broth quantity to 1 1/2 cups. I finished the dish with sliced preserved lemon and WOW! That was so good!
- 1 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/1 cup of jarred marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock (or equivalent water plus chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced preserved lemons for topping
- parsley for topping
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/mediterranean-artichoke-chicken-with-orzo.html?r=9 by By Carolyn Haas @Linky1
WOW! This was a great hit and the preparation was very simple. I placed raw zucchini (I skipped the peas and carrots) slices around the chicken as I was broiling it and then I added the other ingredients (ham, tomatoes sauce and mozzarella) and finished to cook this great dish.
- TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon oil (olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can (400 gram) tomatoes, chopped (no-added-salt)
- 2 (200 grams) boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of fat and sliced to make 4 flat thin fillets)
- 40 grams all-purpose flour (plain, 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites (from 50 grams eggs) + some Dijon mustard
- 90 grams dry breadcrumbs (wholemeal 1 cup)
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar I’ve skipped this
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (shredded)
- 4 ham slices (shave thin) I’ve used chicken ham
- 80 grams mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup 35% reduced-fat grated)
- ON THE SIDE
- 2 large zucchini (steamed to serve) I’ve broiled them with the chicken
- 300 grams peas (sugar snap, trimmed, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
- 3 large carrots (sliced, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicken-parmigiana-15218 by I’mPat
This is the kind of food I really enjoy very much!
The winter is approaching and I was lucky that I could find all the herbs (except the thyme) in my garden. The marjoram is drying and I will see this only next spring again, but I found some more protected sprigs which I could use.
The long marinating enhanced the herbs flavor and gave the dish the last warm rays of the season. Thanks a lot for this great recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- Ground allspice, 1 pinch
- Ground red pepper, 1 pinch
- 4 (1 1/3 pound) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
Original recipe : http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/herbed-chicken-paillards-25144 by: breezermom
I fried the chicken as described and I seasoned it with the mentioned ingredients. I continued to cook until the liquid was adsorbed and the chicken began to brown.
I served it over the melon and I sprinkled it with the roasted sesame seeds.
I served it with soy sauce, wasabi oil and teriyaki sauce.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced fresh
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
To serve with:
- 1/2 c toasted sesame seeds
- 4 c cantaloupe, diced ( I used Galia!)
Source and recipe: description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/sesame-chicken-and-melon.html?p=6 by Carolyn Haas @Linky1
WOW! My family loved this sooooo much! My son asked me the recipe as he wants to duplicate it!
I increase the amounts for 500 g chicken (4 small breast) and to the ingredients I added 1 teaspoon grated ginger.
For the preparation I simply used the the food processor and I added gradually the carrot (in pieces) , chicken (half frozen and in 2 m pieces) and then the rest of the ingredients except of the lemongrass as they were my skewers! Broiled in the oven for about 15 minutes and served with my self made Asian sauce (light soy sauce, grated garlic, grated ginger, a few drops dark sesame seed oil and some water).
What for great meal!
- 2 stalks lemongrass, long or 4 short stems
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless about 14 ounces total weight
- 1 egg white, small
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 chile, red, small, deseeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, fresh and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, my addtion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro, garnish
- lime slice, garnish
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/lemon-grass-chicken-137904 by By lauralie41
Reading this recipe I decided to roast my chicken pieces myself prior preparing the recipe using grilling spices. Then I prepared the recipe as described but I also added about 2 pounds of peeled potatoes diced. I used the sweet potato as suggested and the result was sooooooo delicious! I know my family will ask me for this again!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-inch long fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3-4 cups left-over chicken or 1 ( 3-lb) rotisserie chicken, chopped or cubed
- 1 1/2 cans coconut milk plus 1/2 can water (use 14 oz can for measurement)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
Source and recipe description: https://spinthegloberecipes.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/filipino-coconut-chicken-curry/
A very easy and tasty recipe for everybody! The result is a juicy tender chicken with great taste thanks the herbs.
Season the chicken with salt and oregano, brown it in the skillet, add all remaining ingredients except parsley, toss all quickly and transfer it into the slow cooker or into the oven (covered) at very low temperatures. Cook for about 4-5 hours. Add parley and cook shortly again.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 lb skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice or to taste
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp defatted and reduced salt chicken stock
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
Source: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/slow-cooker-lemon-garlic-chicken-diabetic.html?p=1 by Annacia *
Tom Kah Kai is one of our favorite soups and we really have this several times per year.
The recipe I reviewed is a light version, posted by Linky, in which most of the ingredients are dry and for this reason it is almost a ready made version.
For my recipes with fresh herbs I keep the herbs in the freezer, but if they are not available, you will be more than happy with this recipe which makes the almost impossible to possible.
For this recipe I replaced the ground kaffir lime leaf by one lime peel in the soup and discarding it before serving. I used a small tin canned mushrooms, for the broth I used “normal” broth where added 3 very thin slices ginger.
Suggestion: place lemon grass in an empty tea bag while cooking for easy removing.
- 1 quart thai ginger infused broth, I used normal broth but I added 3 thin slices ginger
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced thinly, I used canned ones
- 1/2 cup green onion, cut diagonally
- 1/4 teaspoon ground kaffir lime leaf, replaced by the lime peel which I removed before serving
- 1/4 teaspoon ground galangal
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon grass, can be placed in a paper tea bag for easy removing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, I used fresh
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 (14 ounce) cans light coconut milk
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/tom-kha-kai-point-2-518983 By Linky
This is a really 5 stars recipe, amazing good and really special and I really recommend it!
I prepared this for two persons, but I made the full amount of sauce as I needed it for the asparagus which I served with the chicken.
To make the sauce lighter and for personal taste I reduced the amount of sugar and butter used for the sauce, but I’m sure that the original recipe is not less good!
Will make this again!
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts (finely chopped, make sure the pieces are small)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (dry, seasoned)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (reduced amount)
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (bourbon whiskey)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (reduced amount)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
Original recipe: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/pecan-chicken-with-bourbon-sauce-19700 by: LifeIsGood