This is an outstanding recipe which we enjoyed very much. I write here my notes as I lightly changed the steps.
Combine chicken, dry thyme and salt in a bowl. Let sit 15 minutes. Fry the chicken with 1/” teaspoon olive oil on all sides until done (this takes about 15 minutes). Place the chicken in the oven at 70-80 °C.
Dissolve the fond with the broth and place this mixture in the cup again.
Fry the onion in the butter until translucent, add the vinegar and after 1 more minutes give the broth back to the pan.
Add the figs stir and let simmer until reduced to half quantity.
In the min-time slice the chicken breast.
Serve the chicken with the fig sauce and top with the fresh springs-
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry thyme leaves, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, or olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, quartered
- fresh thyme (or savory) springs for topping and garnishing
Source: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chicken-with-balsamic-fig-sauce-205885 by karen
At least 5 stars for this recipe!
For the marinade I used the ingredients as described and for the soy sauce I used the salted Indonesian one.
I made the same quantity of marinade, but we were only 2 today, so I used 2 chicken breasts.
After marinating about 2 hours I grilled the meat and I boiled the marinate to make it save again.
I placed the almost done breast in a mold with the marinade in the oven at 80°C until my husband arrived (about 30 minutes). For serving I topped the meat with green onions and chopped red pepper.
The chicken was amazing good and so soft. A real must to try!
1 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbspfresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 Tbsplow-sodium soy sauce
4boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
An incredible combination of flavors and a healthy chicken dish! A real keeper!
- 3 pounds eggplant (2 medium aubergines eggplants)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breast, skinned and cut in 4×4 cm, 1.6” x 1.6” chunks, 700 gr)
- 2 red bell peppers (Romano pointy, or bell peppers, deseeded and sliced in chunks)
- 1 green bell pepper (pointy or bell pepper, deseeded and sliced in chunks)
- 1 yellow onion (medium onion, coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 ml yogurt (plain whole milk, 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon hot pepper paste (Turkish, optional, or other equivalent hot pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to sauté the marinated chicken)
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper paste (or 1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/turkish-eggplant-kebab-with-yogurt-marinated-chicken-patlicanli-kebap-oven-style-26435 by: ForeverMama
Very quick and super tasty recipe.
I’ve roasted the meat in the marinade and added the other igredients. I scaled down the recipe for 2 serving and I reduced the orzo to 1/2 cup, but I kept the broth quantity to 1 1/2 cups. I finished the dish with sliced preserved lemon and WOW! That was so good!
- 1 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/1 cup of jarred marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock (or equivalent water plus chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced preserved lemons for topping
- parsley for topping
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/mediterranean-artichoke-chicken-with-orzo.html?r=9 by By Carolyn Haas @Linky1
WOW! This was a great hit and the preparation was very simple. I placed raw zucchini (I skipped the peas and carrots) slices around the chicken as I was broiling it and then I added the other ingredients (ham, tomatoes sauce and mozzarella) and finished to cook this great dish.
- TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon oil (olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can (400 gram) tomatoes, chopped (no-added-salt)
- 2 (200 grams) boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of fat and sliced to make 4 flat thin fillets)
- 40 grams all-purpose flour (plain, 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites (from 50 grams eggs) + some Dijon mustard
- 90 grams dry breadcrumbs (wholemeal 1 cup)
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar I’ve skipped this
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (shredded)
- 4 ham slices (shave thin) I’ve used chicken ham
- 80 grams mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup 35% reduced-fat grated)
- ON THE SIDE
- 2 large zucchini (steamed to serve) I’ve broiled them with the chicken
- 300 grams peas (sugar snap, trimmed, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
- 3 large carrots (sliced, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicken-parmigiana-15218 by I’mPat
This is the kind of food I really enjoy very much!
The winter is approaching and I was lucky that I could find all the herbs (except the thyme) in my garden. The marjoram is drying and I will see this only next spring again, but I found some more protected sprigs which I could use.
The long marinating enhanced the herbs flavor and gave the dish the last warm rays of the season. Thanks a lot for this great recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- Ground allspice, 1 pinch
- Ground red pepper, 1 pinch
- 4 (1 1/3 pound) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
Original recipe : http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/herbed-chicken-paillards-25144 by: breezermom
I fried the chicken as described and I seasoned it with the mentioned ingredients. I continued to cook until the liquid was adsorbed and the chicken began to brown.
I served it over the melon and I sprinkled it with the roasted sesame seeds.
I served it with soy sauce, wasabi oil and teriyaki sauce.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced fresh
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
To serve with:
- 1/2 c toasted sesame seeds
- 4 c cantaloupe, diced ( I used Galia!)
Source and recipe: description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/sesame-chicken-and-melon.html?p=6 by Carolyn Haas @Linky1
WOW! My family loved this sooooo much! My son asked me the recipe as he wants to duplicate it!
I increase the amounts for 500 g chicken (4 small breast) and to the ingredients I added 1 teaspoon grated ginger.
For the preparation I simply used the the food processor and I added gradually the carrot (in pieces) , chicken (half frozen and in 2 m pieces) and then the rest of the ingredients except of the lemongrass as they were my skewers! Broiled in the oven for about 15 minutes and served with my self made Asian sauce (light soy sauce, grated garlic, grated ginger, a few drops dark sesame seed oil and some water).
What for great meal!
- 2 stalks lemongrass, long or 4 short stems
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless about 14 ounces total weight
- 1 egg white, small
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 chile, red, small, deseeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, fresh and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, my addtion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro, garnish
- lime slice, garnish
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/lemon-grass-chicken-137904 by By lauralie41
Reading this recipe I decided to roast my chicken pieces myself prior preparing the recipe using grilling spices. Then I prepared the recipe as described but I also added about 2 pounds of peeled potatoes diced. I used the sweet potato as suggested and the result was sooooooo delicious! I know my family will ask me for this again!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-inch long fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3-4 cups left-over chicken or 1 ( 3-lb) rotisserie chicken, chopped or cubed
- 1 1/2 cans coconut milk plus 1/2 can water (use 14 oz can for measurement)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
Source and recipe description: https://spinthegloberecipes.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/filipino-coconut-chicken-curry/