I love Greece, Greek people and Greek food. No wonder that I had to try this recipe. It was a wonderful choice as it was a great simple way to turn eggs into delicious bites with a special accent!
I substituted mayonnaise by Greek yogurt only for personal preference.
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 Tbsp ouzo liqueur
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used Greek yogurt)
- 6 black olives, pitted and chopped
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/other-appetizer/greek-deviled-eggs-with-ouzo.html?r=9 By Mikekey
Cute and and an evergreen! I made this for only 2 of us and I reduced the quantities of the original recipe. I boiled the eggs as described in the recipe for about 1 minute and I switched the heat off. After 15 minutes I placed the eggs in cold water, I peeled them and with a sharp knife it was easy to cut into two halves. For the filling I used Greek yogurt (10% fat) + little olive oil and half cooked egg yolk to make my “mayonnaise”. The fresh chives from the garden and some some additional chili fakes gave them a wonderful and spicy taste.
Ingredients: (serves 2-4)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil, I used olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt + 1 teaspoon olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- red chili flakes, addtional
So delicious! The congac addition to the filling made this special. I doubled the quantity of the filling ingredients, so I used the required amount for the filling and with the remaining I prepared a wonderful tuna salad adding some balsamic vinegar and chopped red pepper. This would be perfect dish to offer for a buffet!
- 12 hardboiled egg ( halved lengthwise)
- 3/4 cup ripe olives ( preferably oil-packed Mediterranean olives, pitted & chopped)
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 ounces tuna ( See Note)
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3/4 cup capers ( rinsed & drained)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cognac
- black pepper
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/tapenade-filled-egg-halves-212796 by Twissis