This is really a lovely beverage, fresh, colorful and exotic! I’ve enjoyed this at the sun, behind the window /(its winter now) dreaming be in a tropical country drinking you Jamaican Hibiscus Iced Tea.
I did hot have a lime on hand, so I decided I could use and tangerine instead.
- 2 c water
- 1/4 c hibiscus, edible flower, fresh or dried
- 1/4 c sugar cane, raw
- 1 1/2 c cold water
- 1/8 c white sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tsp lime juice (I used ready made juice)
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (garnish), I used a tangerine slice instead
Source: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/drink/drink-other-drink/jamaican-hibiscus-iced-tea.html By Baby Kato @BabyKato
The best ever carrot cake I had! Really!
- 1/4 cup melted butter (plus about 1 teaspoon softened butter for pan)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for pan)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (canola oil)
- 59 grams carrot juice (1/4 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated (use a box grater or microplane).
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (coarsely shredded, from about 3 medium orange carrots, peeled)
So attractive and so delicious!
Perfect recipe for warm days or for us waiting for the summer again!
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped large
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/c6702c27-0993-11e7-89fb-42010af00043.html by Annacia
Wow, this came very delicious and I will make it again: all family enjoyed it and was really very delighted!
While I was boiling the water with the coconut flakes I prepared the roasted rice.
After sieving the coconut mixture I added the freshly pressed coconut milk as well as salt and pepper.
During this step I squeezed the lime and I added the whole peel to the boiling rice. Just before serving I discard the peel, added lime juice, stirred and served. As topping I used some sliced basil (a kind of sweet basil) leaves.
Thanks Annacia for another wonderful dish!
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut or 1 cup unsweetened for a not sweet version
1/2 of a lime, juice of (or 2 tbsp lime juice)
Source and details of the recipe: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/rice-side/coconut-lime-rice.html?p=43 by Annacia