This dish gave to my whole apartment such a tempting smell! I love the thyme addition! I used the herbs from my garden and potatoes I have at home (yellow and one purple potatoes), they where great and taste but did not turn to mashed potatoes (this depends on the quality of the potatoes). I prepared as suggested (halved and with skin), placed them cut slice done on the plate and then tossed with the additions. Finally I placed them in the oven again (cut side up) until the borders were lightly browned.
I’m super happy with the results, I will prepare these in the same way again and I highly recommend this preparation.
No matter did not turn out as mashed potatoes, they were perfect in any case and I did not miss anything.
- 1 kilogram potatoes (Carisma Potatoes, unpeeled and halved)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lemon, whole (finely grated zest of)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked, ground)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/thyme-lemon-smashed-potatoes-25983 by I’mPat
This is the first time I prepared in this way! I was lucky I had those the perfect potatoes on hand and enough dried bay! The aromatic butter browned the potatoes nicely and was perfect to season them after opening them.
Simply boil the unpeeled potatoes and then roast them in the scented butter/olive oil mixture.
- 2 lb new potatoes, of uniform size, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and stuck with 2 cloves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large bay leaves, crumbled fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Source and recipe description:
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/potatoes/bay-scented-potatoes-batatas-com-louro.html by Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909
WOW! I’ve just made this skordalia and it came out super delicious! I mashed the potatoes simply with the fork and added all the ingredients listed. I found the addition of oregano a big improvement compared to the recipe I used before!
- 1 pound of potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Pinch of oregano
- Ground pepper
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Source and recipe description:http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2015/10/20/greek-style-potatoes-three-different-recipes/ by Kouzounas Kitchen (Krystina)
Super tasty and easy!
I just had the coriander at home on hand and I could not resist this recipe.
I found the addition of lemon juice wonderful as well.
Before serving I had to place the ready potatoes in the preheated oven to keep warm, this was not a problem, as I could increase the temperature to sever them hot as my family was complete.
- 2 lb new potatoes, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1 large handful of chopped coriander
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-potatoes/roast-potatoes-with-lemon-and-coriander.html by Daily Inspiration (Nancy’s Pantry) S DailyInspiration
So wonderful potatoes! No need to peel! No need to stir during cooking time! So crispy! So tasty! That’s perfect for everybody!
I’ve served these with homemade ketchup!
- 3 nos large potato
- sea salt to taste (you can use regular salt)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly pwd
- 1 tsp garlic pwd (use fresh garlic paste if pwd is unavailable)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper pwd
- 1 tsp mixed Italian spice
- a pinch of nutmeg pwd
- 2 tbsp refined oil (I ran out of olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp peri-peri spice mix (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
Source and description: https://polkapuffs.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/crispy-baked-potato-wedges/ by shreyatiwari
A double recipe consisting in two simple, comforting and very taste components: the meatloaf (without breadcrumbs) is very tasty thanks to the addition of abundant herbs and the potatoes were very rustic and tasty.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mixed herbs, including basil
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons of chilli sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 14 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs, for sauce
- salt and pepper to taste, for sauce
- 2 spring or green onions
- 1 lb potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
Source and recipe description: https://randomcreativityrecipes.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/irish-meatloaf-with-colcannon/
Delicious baked potatoes wth caramelized garlic and fresh basil leaves. Great result a real keeper.
- 6 potatoes (washed, unpeeled & cut into 1-in chunks)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 garlic cloves (peeled & sliced, about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Source: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/roasted-potatoes-in-golden-garlic-sauce-16772 by twissis
I arranged the cooked ingredients in order to get bites. Can be served as appetizer as well!
Procedure and full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-eggplant-with-harissa-potatoes-and-tomatoes-478799 by Mia in Germany
A special potatoes salad with a spicy and herbed dressing.
For the potato salad
- 3 cups assorted potatoes, 1/2-inch dice (Yukon, purple, red bliss, or fingerling)
- 1 cup butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup blanched green beans, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper, 1/4-inch dice (red, yellow and or or orange)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, slivered
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, mint and or or basil)
For the vinaigrette
Source and full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/peasant-potato-salad-with-harissa-vinaigrette-505538 by Susie D