This is really a lovely beverage, fresh, colorful and exotic! I’ve enjoyed this at the sun, behind the window /(its winter now) dreaming be in a tropical country drinking you Jamaican Hibiscus Iced Tea.
I did hot have a lime on hand, so I decided I could use and tangerine instead.
- 2 c water
- 1/4 c hibiscus, edible flower, fresh or dried
- 1/4 c sugar cane, raw
- 1 1/2 c cold water
- 1/8 c white sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tsp lime juice (I used ready made juice)
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (garnish), I used a tangerine slice instead
Source: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/drink/drink-other-drink/jamaican-hibiscus-iced-tea.html By Baby Kato @BabyKato
I love carrots and I loved this recipe with cumin! The cooking method (carrots in the oven first and adding the roasted seeds after) is perfect and the addition of the roasted spice (I think caraway or crushed coriander) made this recipe real special.
- 2 pounds carrots (whole, or slice in half lengthwise if your carrots
- are too wide, 900 grams)
- Olive oil, for roasting
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/roasted-toasted-cumin-carrots-26058 by:
A great suggestion “precook in the oven with salt” to remove water prior frying them. This saves a lot of time and the eggplants soak less oil. Great recipe!
- large Japanese eggplants
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Source: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/eggplant-aubergine-croutons-204977 by Karen
This worked perfectly ad I’m very happy I tried this because I never though to prepare potatoes in this way (cut side down over the mixture). We loved them!
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (scrubbed and cut in half, 6 small)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons oregano (or seasoning of your choice)
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/parmesan-baked-potato-halves-24231 by TeresaS
Super delicious recipe which I prepared for Valentine day together with a few side dishes.
I made the double quantity (we were 3 of us) and to the dish I added one extra onion sliced (prepared with the the shallots) and in the oven I also placed an onion (not completely sliced through) to make a flower.
After roasting the meat, I placed it in the oven at 80°C so that I could finish to prepare the veggies and I knew that I have plenty of time and the meat will still not overcook before slicing it.
The sauce was great and this together with meat was great combo!
- 2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 10 ozcenter-cut beef tenderloin
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 largeshallot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cred wine (whatever you’re drinking)
- 2 Tbspunsalted butter, chilled
As I saw this recipe I could not resist to try it: I love shrimps, cilantro and lime! We enjoyed this very much. This quick recipe makes a great dish in a few minutes!
- 1/2 pound shrimp (medium shrimp, shelled and deveined)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons Tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coarse chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/tequila-lime-shrimp-21345 TeresaS
Mango is my favorite fruit and this recipe is wonderful dish which goes not only with Asian and South America food, but also simply with some cheese and bread!
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mango, whole (1 semi-ripe, peeled & cut into strips or
- 1/2-in cubes)
- 1 tomato, whole (large tomato, cut into strips or 1/2-in cubes)
- 1 red onion (small onion, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced crosswise)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mango-salad-cq-4—india-26719 recipe by:TwisSis
This is an outstanding recipe which we enjoyed very much. I write here my notes as I lightly changed the steps.
Combine chicken, dry thyme and salt in a bowl. Let sit 15 minutes. Fry the chicken with 1/” teaspoon olive oil on all sides until done (this takes about 15 minutes). Place the chicken in the oven at 70-80 °C.
Dissolve the fond with the broth and place this mixture in the cup again.
Fry the onion in the butter until translucent, add the vinegar and after 1 more minutes give the broth back to the pan.
Add the figs stir and let simmer until reduced to half quantity.
In the min-time slice the chicken breast.
Serve the chicken with the fig sauce and top with the fresh springs-
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry thyme leaves, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, or olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, quartered
- fresh thyme (or savory) springs for topping and garnishing
Source: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chicken-with-balsamic-fig-sauce-205885 by karen
So simple and so good!
I did not have small zucchini, so I used two big (but so more watery) ones. After grating them I placed this on a colander and I sprinkled them with salt, I remove the water and I squeezed the flesh prior continuing with the recipe.
Great, tasty and very easy. A tasty and great family recipe!
- 6 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 parmesan cheese, grated
I’ve prepared this recipe with epresso reducing all the quantities.
Pour the heavy cream over a spoon!
Delicious, super easy and it presents well!
Ingredients (for one person):
- 10 ml Bourbon (or also any whiskey or brandy)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 60 ml espresso
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 spring fresh mint ( I used chocolate mint)
Source and recipedescription:
https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/hot-mint-julep-177 41 by TwisSis