Lovely Turkish gratin with mint, this made a complete dinner yesterday! I love börek/boureki and this version includes a lot of ingredients, but it is really easy to be prepared and the result is wonderful even without phyllo pastry!
The mint is very important and the topping (especially the pine nuts) give to the gratin a great look, nice flavor and wonderful texture.
I’ve reduced the quantities of the egg mixture from 6 to 4 as well spelt flour from 3/4 cups to 1/2 cup.
- 1 large onion, sweet
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind
- 500g zucchini, grated, excess moisture removed
- 225g haloumi, shredded
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 125g (3/4 cup) spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-casserole/zucchini-and-cheese-bake.html By Baby Kato @BabyKato
Light, tasty and incredible good. Can be served as starter or with the addition of some pasta noodles as main dish. We loved this and we are looking forward to make this again.
Serve warm or cold
Heat oil in the skillet and fry garlic until aromatic, add vegetables and saute until softened, Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Blend all the ingredients for the pesto.
Serve vegetables on single plates, top with pesto, additional pine nuts, grated Parmesan and a few basil leaves.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into strips
- 4 red peppers (long kind, not hot), seed removed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
- Toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-24566 by: TeresaS
Super easy and very cheese zucchini casserole. The zucchini turned out very soft and the dish something between a vegetable side dish and a spread. This came perfect with meat and egg noodles.
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/cheesy-zucchini-casserole-262810 by Brezermom
Very simple and tasty recipe, it was easy to prepare and very tasty.
We ate this cold but I can imagine that cut into bite sizes and served with tooth-sticks this could be served as cold appetizer as well.
For decoration I added some rings of green onions.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- sliced pickled jalapenos, for topping (optional)
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/vegetable/tex-mex-stuffed-zucchini.html by Mikekey