This is a wonderful meal, filling and delicious! For this the fresh cilantro is essential combined with the cumin as they gave a wonderful flavor to the dish.
Note I increased the quantiy for 5 tortillas and I’m glad I have more.
I will make this again for sure!
- 1 (1/4 pound) boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked and shredded approx 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups salsa (fat-free), made myself with onions, tomatoes, red pepper cilantro salt and pepper (see note)
- 1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons green chilies (canned, i freeze the rest in ice cube trays)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped, optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 tortillas (7-inch, or wraps..the wraps i have are 0.2g saturated fat, and 3 g total)
Source and recipe: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/low-fat-chicken-enchiladas-with-high-fat-taste-18059 by Marramamba
For the salsa: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/appetizer-other-appetizer/salsa-pronto.html?p=27 by Sue Stone