Another great summer salad perfect to be combined with grilled meat or other main dishes! A bit of summer for Mediterranean food lovers!
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced ( chick peas)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/chick-pea-salad-412904 by breezermom
An incredible combination of flavors and a healthy chicken dish! A real keeper!
- 3 pounds eggplant (2 medium aubergines eggplants)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breast, skinned and cut in 4×4 cm, 1.6” x 1.6” chunks, 700 gr)
- 2 red bell peppers (Romano pointy, or bell peppers, deseeded and sliced in chunks)
- 1 green bell pepper (pointy or bell pepper, deseeded and sliced in chunks)
- 1 yellow onion (medium onion, coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 ml yogurt (plain whole milk, 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon hot pepper paste (Turkish, optional, or other equivalent hot pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to sauté the marinated chicken)
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper paste (or 1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/turkish-eggplant-kebab-with-yogurt-marinated-chicken-patlicanli-kebap-oven-style-26435 by: ForeverMama
Tasty and impressive rice with wonderful texture! Great side dish for Turkish dishes and much more!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace (optional)
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/rice-with-pine-nuts-and-pistachios-457048 by LifeIsGood
A must for all coffee lovers! Super fast and great result. Enjoy slowly please!
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- whipped cream
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/viennese-spiced-espresso-426073 by momaphet
This spice blend has not to be missed! Roasting the spices (only the seed) in advance makes them more fragrant and this mixture makes then your dishes wonderful!
I will use this for many dishes, not only for the Ethiopian ones!
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup ground dried new mexico chiles
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp smokey cumin seeds (or ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/sauce-spread/seasoning-mix/berbere-spice-mix.html By Baby Kato @BabyKato
As I saw this recipe I found that would be something that we all would love and the preparation seemed to be quick for me. Usually I make strudel-dough myself and the phyllo variation would be a way to prepare it when I have less time and in a hurry.
I took my phyllo and I shocked seeing that the sheets were broken (probably to long in the freezer) and rolling it would have been a real challenge. At this moment I asked the help to my husband, I placed the broken phyllo sheets on a silicon mat. I covered a rectangular cake mold with aluminium foil and I greased it. I placed some on the sheets pieces in the mold with overlapping pieces.
Carefully we rolled the strudel using the mat and we transferred it into the mold with the additional sheets. we folded the borders of the sheet over the strudel and brushed the surface with a mixture of water and melted margarine.
Finally we removed the strudel from the mold and foil…..wow! The strudel had been saved and result amazing! So delicious with the amaretto addition!
Thanks a lot Nancy for this awesome recipe we enjoyed it very much with some vanilla ice cream as suggested!
- 1/3 c raisins
- 3 Tbsp amaretto
- 3 c coarsely chopped and peeled granny smith apples (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 c sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 sheet(s) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- butter cooking spray
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/fruit-dessert/apple-strudel-2.html?r=1 By Daily Inspiration S @DailyInspiration
Beets are one of our favorite summer salad! For this recipe I reduced the potatoes to only one small one (about 150 g) as we were only 3 persons. The mustard seeds make this dish special and I loved the lemon (instead of vinegar) for this recipe.
I did not dice the onions, I simply sliced them and I placed them about 1 hr in cold water to make them milder (I knew mines were to strong).
I topped them with parsley to serve.
- 150 g yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500 g red beets
- 1/4 c fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 medium onion (yellow or red), sliced and placed in cold water to make it milder
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard seeds (mustard preparation with whole seed would work as well)
- 1 pinch fenugreek powder (optional)
- chopped parsley to serve
Source: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/potatoes/ethiopian-beet-potato-salad By Lori Loucas @jostlori
I love this recipe and having the ingredients on hand it’s very quick and spectacular to serve such a refreshing drink!
From time to time I prepare elderberry syrup (and other flowers syrups) and I store this in my pantry. We don’t drink very often sweetened drinks, but something like this is really irresistible!
For the children. simply sparkling water instead of prosecco!
- prosecco (enough to fill 3/4 of a glass)
- 1 Tbsp elderflower syrup
- soda water (enough to fill the remainder of the glass)
- mint leaves
- 1 slice lime
Read carefully the recipe description first and then prepare your coffee! It’s really delicious and the procedure perfect! Thanks a lot Annacia for this recipe, we enjoyed this very much! The quantity makes one big or two small Turkish coffees.
- 6 oz cold water
- 1 whole cardamom pod, or 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 whole clove, or 1/16 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 2 drops, pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp powdered coffee grounds
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/919f02f6-65b4-11e7-84e7-42010af00ca0.html?r=1 By Annacia * @Annacia
Super easy simple delicious recipe! I love this variation with carrots and my family appreciated it very much!
I cooked the carrots while I was preparing the other ingredients and I blended all them together in my stand mixer; little water was necessary to blend it through. I’ve also added some sesame seeds to the topping.
- 1 c chopped carrot (no need to peel)
- 1 can(s) (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chick peas)
- 1/4 c tahini, stirred well (not sesame oil)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Source and recipe description; https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/sauc … .html?r=1 By Mikekey * @Mikekey