Very quick and super tasty recipe.
I’ve roasted the meat in the marinade and added the other igredients. I scaled down the recipe for 2 serving and I reduced the orzo to 1/2 cup, but I kept the broth quantity to 1 1/2 cups. I finished the dish with sliced preserved lemon and WOW! That was so good!
- 1 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/1 cup of jarred marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock (or equivalent water plus chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced preserved lemons for topping
- parsley for topping
Source and recipe description: https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/mediterranean-artichoke-chicken-with-orzo.html?r=9 by By Carolyn Haas @Linky1
WOW! This was a great hit and the preparation was very simple. I placed raw zucchini (I skipped the peas and carrots) slices around the chicken as I was broiling it and then I added the other ingredients (ham, tomatoes sauce and mozzarella) and finished to cook this great dish.
- TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon oil (olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can (400 gram) tomatoes, chopped (no-added-salt)
- 2 (200 grams) boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of fat and sliced to make 4 flat thin fillets)
- 40 grams all-purpose flour (plain, 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites (from 50 grams eggs) + some Dijon mustard
- 90 grams dry breadcrumbs (wholemeal 1 cup)
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar I’ve skipped this
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (shredded)
- 4 ham slices (shave thin) I’ve used chicken ham
- 80 grams mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup 35% reduced-fat grated)
- ON THE SIDE
- 2 large zucchini (steamed to serve) I’ve broiled them with the chicken
- 300 grams peas (sugar snap, trimmed, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
- 3 large carrots (sliced, steamed to serve) I’ve skipped this
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicken-parmigiana-15218 by I’mPat
Light, tasty and incredible good. Can be served as starter or with the addition of some pasta noodles as main dish. We loved this and we are looking forward to make this again.
Serve warm or cold
Heat oil in the skillet and fry garlic until aromatic, add vegetables and saute until softened, Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Blend all the ingredients for the pesto.
Serve vegetables on single plates, top with pesto, additional pine nuts, grated Parmesan and a few basil leaves.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into strips
- 4 red peppers (long kind, not hot), seed removed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
- Toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-24566 by: TeresaS
This is the kind of food I really enjoy very much!
The winter is approaching and I was lucky that I could find all the herbs (except the thyme) in my garden. The marjoram is drying and I will see this only next spring again, but I found some more protected sprigs which I could use.
The long marinating enhanced the herbs flavor and gave the dish the last warm rays of the season. Thanks a lot for this great recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- Ground allspice, 1 pinch
- Ground red pepper, 1 pinch
- 4 (1 1/3 pound) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
Original recipe : http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/herbed-chicken-paillards-25144 by: breezermom
This was the first time I prepared gyoza with ready made wrappers and I really have to say that this made the preparation easier and faster. the process was really easy and we did not spend a lot time in the kitchen. I will buy the wrappers again and follow your recipe as this was really really delicious!
- 13 oz lean ground pork
- 1 c finely shredded cabbage
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- sliced green onions, to serve
- 30 gyoza wrappers
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pork/gyoza-japanese-dumplings.html By Lynn Clay @LavenderLynn
I fried the chicken as described and I seasoned it with the mentioned ingredients. I continued to cook until the liquid was adsorbed and the chicken began to brown.
I served it over the melon and I sprinkled it with the roasted sesame seeds.
I served it with soy sauce, wasabi oil and teriyaki sauce.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced fresh
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
To serve with:
- 1/2 c toasted sesame seeds
- 4 c cantaloupe, diced ( I used Galia!)
Source and recipe: description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/sesame-chicken-and-melon.html?p=6 by Carolyn Haas @Linky1
It was the first time I prepared this kind of recipe and the first time I’ve used green tea infused soba noodles! The combination with the veggies and the delicious sauce was perfect. This was another highlight for out Japanese party with friends!
- 9 oz dried soba noodles (250g), cooked according instructions
- 1 medium carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 stalk(s) celery, I used celery herbs
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into sticks
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c frozen edamame, shelled, like flat green beans, boiled al dente
- 1/4 c rice vinegar (60 ml)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Source and recipe description:http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pasta/soba-noodle-salad.html By Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909
Adobo is one of the foods most associated with the Philippines, and in fact, adobo is considered the ‘national dish’ of the Philippines. As all adobo recipes this includes a quintessential vinegar-based adobo marinade/sauce.
I prepared this for our virtual travel tour around the word without any high exceptions and I’me more than impressed about the result! This has been enjoyed very much and my guest loved this as well.
- 2 cups shrimp (hipon), peeled and cleaned
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp vinegar ( I used white balsamico)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp powdered pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/seafood/philippines-adobong-hipon-shrimp-adobo.html?p=61 By Baby Kato @BabyKato
I prepared the omelettes with oil and sliced them and set them aside. The same with the garlic. As cooked rice I had some plain rice and some turmeric rice; I used them both and I roasted them in the skillet. After this I seasoned the rice with the soy sauce and half of the garlic.
For serving I served the seasoned rice topped with the remaining garlic, sliced omelettes and green onion!
All this was super easy and the the rice smelled heavenly!
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 12 clove garlic, minced
- 4 c cooked long-grain rice
- 1 tsp soy sauce, plus more if desired
- 2 green onions, sliced
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/rice-side/sinangag-filipino-garlic-fried-rice.html by Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909