This sauce can be prepared all the year round as dried cranberries and not the fresh ones are the main ingredient. It’s delicious as side dish to meat, but can be used as jam over a slice of bread as well.
Placed in nice jars could be a wonderful Christmas Present!
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 5/8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-black currants mix, frozen (for the color, optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (made myself from very tasty Cretan oranges), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liquor
- Bring dried cranberries and water to boil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add currants, orange zest and sugar.
- Stir well and place in the oven in a temperature safe bowl covered to cook for about 1-2 hour at 325°F/150°C.
- Remove from the oven add liquor, stir and store closed tightly in the refrigerator.
Source/Inspiration: http://www.food.com/recipe/grand-marnier-cranberry-sauce-178845 by lazyme