WOW! I never made biscuits before and I’m really impressed how quick, easy and phenomenal is this recipe. This is a keeper I will make this and variation of this again as it is a wonderful way to prepare some quick bread or something that I can serve by unattended guests!
- 1 1/3 cup (175g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (45g) polenta or fine milled corn meal
- 3 tablespoons (45g) sugar (optional, i don’t use it)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups packed, 170g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (1 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh jalapeños (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 cup+ 2 tablespoons heavy cream (200ml), plus extra for brushing
Source and description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/bread/bread-biscuits/cheddar-and-jalapeno-biscuits.html by Annacia
This bread was excellent, I was surprised how easy it was and how quick I could a get a bread without rising time! To shape it I oiled my hands so that it did not stick and I dusted it with flour before making the cross. It came out sooo beautiful, well browned and tasty!
• 450 g / 1 lb / 3 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• Between 200-300 ml / 8-10 fluid ounces sour milk, or buttermilk
Source and recipe description: https://randomcreativityrecipes.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/irish-soda-bread/
A new focaccia with white wine! This incredible focaccia was amzing! Thanks to CookGirl for her top suggestion!
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup unbleached flour ( 4.9 ounces, or 140 grams)
Dough and assembly
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus about 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour, plus 2 teaspoons unbleached flour plus 1 to 2 tablespoons as needed ( 12.7 ounces, or 360 grams) (I used 160 unbleached flour and 200 g whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus 1/2 3/4 to 1 teaspoon for sprinkling
- 2 springs rosemary (my personal addition)
Source and full description in : http://www.food.com/recipe/focaccia-genoese-451665 by Cookgirl
A wonderful bread: a real keeper
1 pinch granulated sugar
3/4 c (175 ml) warm water
2 1/2 tsp (12 ml) active dry yeast
3/4 c (175 ml) milk
1/4 c (50 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp (15 ml) minced chipotle peppers or to taste
4 1/4 c 1.5 lt all-purpose flour
1/2 c 125 ml) chopped green or black olives
Source: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/bread/bread-savory-bread/chipotle-olive-bread.html#page1:comment1862785 by Annacia
This is a super easy bread that we enjoyed and we’ll make again and again.
I opted for a round shape and had fund making a spiral incision just before baking,
- 1 lb bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup sourdough starter
- room-temperature water
Procedure and source: http://www.food.com/recipe/duonytes-no-knead-sourdough-bread-250704 by dounyte
My experiences with sourdough convinced me that sourdough starter is a very versatile “ingredient” and I can produce very tasty and light breads with it.
Year ago knew sourdough bread only very dense dark breads, but… this is only the kind of bread I get here.
In Greece sourdough bread are different, different in the taste than the conventional yeast bread and very different than the sourdough bread in northern Europe.
I prepared this bread following the recipe “quicker sourdough bread ” on http://www.food.com/recipe/quicker-sourdough-bread-488580 posted by Red Apple Guy.
The result is very stunning! Thanks a lot Red for posting your recipe!
Savory flatbread that can be baked in the skillen and under the broiler.
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil)
- 2 cups sliced yellow onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/3 cup onions, caramelized (Prepared from ingredients above.)
- Flaky sea salt (for garnish – optional)
Full recipe and procedure: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/caramelized-onion-flatbreads-14646 by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle (KUW)
A nicely soft and spiced challah spotted with cranberries.
See full recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/cinnamon-and-cranberry-challah-476414 by Nancy’s Patry
I’m glad I tried these cornbread muffins for Made for Cornbread is King (Part 2)! This is a quick and simply recipe, I had all on hand and I the garden I had enough chives for this.My DD was the first who tired this, we never had cornbread and she was really surprised how good the are. Great recipe!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/culinary-quest-chive-corn-muffins-517918 By JackieOhNo!