So attractive and so delicious!
Perfect recipe for warm days or for us waiting for the summer again!
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped large
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/c6702c27-0993-11e7-89fb-42010af00043.html by Annacia
It was the first time I prepared this kind of recipe and the first time I’ve used green tea infused soba noodles! The combination with the veggies and the delicious sauce was perfect. This was another highlight for out Japanese party with friends!
- 9 oz dried soba noodles (250g), cooked according instructions
- 1 medium carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 stalk(s) celery, I used celery herbs
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into sticks
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c frozen edamame, shelled, like flat green beans, boiled al dente
- 1/4 c rice vinegar (60 ml)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Source and recipe description:http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/pasta/soba-noodle-salad.html By Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909
Very simple but at the same time well herbed recipe! We loved it very much and I really recommend this as a sommer salad or warm for wintertime.
After boiling the greenbeans for about 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and toss with the other ingredients. Let cool down to serve as salad! WOW!
After boiling the green beans in hot water
- 2 lb tender young green beans, washed and tipped
- 3 qt boiling water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (added to the boiling water)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2/3 c fresh coriander, coarsely chopped – dried won’t do 🙂
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grund black pepper
Source and recipe description:
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/vegetable/green-beans-with-coriander-and-garlic.html by Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909
Another winner from the great chef C G (CookGirl aka @Celestina9000)!
Her recipes are always so delicious and inspiring exotic dream and travels.
This tabbouleh is rich of flavor and the main ingredient (quinoa) as well as the summac and cinnanom make it really special and different! Really worth to try
- 1/2 cup golden quinoa (rinsed well and drained)
- 1 cup water or unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup curly parsley, rinsed and dried well in a salad spinner then finely chopped
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced crosswise)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered depending on size)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, minced (*fresh* only!)
- juice of 1/2 lemon, about 2 tablespoosn (to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- pinch ground cinnamon
Source and recipe description: Lemony Quinoa Tabbouleh by CG @Celestina9000
Wonderful and easy! Can be prepared in advance and it is full of taste. I suggest to use this as addition to a simple dinner, for picnics and as pita filling!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienne sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Source:http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mushroom-and-sun-dried-tomato-salad-1200 by: QueenBea
This was a wonderful salad that we enjoyed very much! I reduced the salad to one third as we needed this only as side and we were only 3 of us.
As I was almost finished I wanted arrange the table and I brought the laptop back to the living rooms; I did not check the recipe again and I forgot to add the cheese. It was so delicious that I did not miss it and my family was very glad with the result. We all loved the salad.
The dressing was wonderful and I will adopt it for other salads, Thanks!
Next time I will add the cheese and I’m sure it will be even better!
- 3 lb medium white mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon pure olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp marsala wine
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 c coarsely shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 c coarsely shredded boston lettuce
- 1/2 c shredded gouda cheese, aged gouda or goat gouda (1 ounce), I did no use
Source: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/salad/salad-other-salad/warm-mushroom-salad.html By Annacia
For this recipe I had to shopping and I can really say that it was worth to do it!
The grapfruit I found was pink, but the orange (sorry) were only pale orange.
What I could not find it was the jicama, for this reason I skipped it and I preapared this with all the other ingredients,
For decoration I used some leaves of baby romana that I found.
My family loved this filling salad as side dish to grilled meat.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup bite-size strips peeled jicama
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned*
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned*
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and cut up
- 3 cups torn boston or bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or other soft cheese
Source and recipe description: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/salad/other-salad/mexican-citrus-salad-with-avocado.html by Baby Kato
WOW so quick and so delicious! I will make this for sure again!
Roasting the seed is very important so they turn so delicious! I did not have cider vinegar on hand so I mixed lemon juice and white balsamic vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, don’t forget to roast them!
- 4 large carrots, washed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, I replaced by a mix of lemon juice and white wine balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Sorce: http://www.food.com/recipe/carrot-caraway-slaw-480225 by Baby Kato
This very simple recipe is a real winner! I would to recommend this to all of you!
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp safflower oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar ( I used red balsamic vinegar)
- 1 stick extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp harissa, to taste
A refreshing carrot- orange salad + spices
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wild flower honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin ( I don’t use because of dh)
- 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/carrot-salad-with-moroccan-dressing-502928 by Baby Kato