This dish gave to my whole apartment such a tempting smell! I love the thyme addition! I used the herbs from my garden and potatoes I have at home (yellow and one purple potatoes), they where great and taste but did not turn to mashed potatoes (this depends on the quality of the potatoes). I prepared as suggested (halved and with skin), placed them cut slice done on the plate and then tossed with the additions. Finally I placed them in the oven again (cut side up) until the borders were lightly browned.
I’m super happy with the results, I will prepare these in the same way again and I highly recommend this preparation.
No matter did not turn out as mashed potatoes, they were perfect in any case and I did not miss anything.
- 1 kilogram potatoes (Carisma Potatoes, unpeeled and halved)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lemon, whole (finely grated zest of)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked, ground)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/thyme-lemon-smashed-potatoes-25983 by I’mPat
Lovely colors, lovely texture, healthy, quick, easy and awesome taste! What do you want more? You have to try this!
For this recipe I used wide green beans which I cut into 6 cm (about 2 inch) long pieces. For cooking Io added a splash of water and I followed the perfect recipe: see link!
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp peeled and grated ginger
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
12 oz haricot vert or standard green beans, trimmed
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
toasted white sesame seeds, for garnish
toasted black sesame seeds, for garnish
I always loved grilled eggplants and this version is real delish! I appreciated very much the combination with the yogurt sauce and the addition of Zaatar spices! I did not toss the eggplants with the yogurt sauce, but I spread some yogurt sauce over each grilled eggplant sheet. For the chili I opted to sprinkle some Turkish chili flakes over the eggplants. For the green herbs I used some sliced African basil leaves.
I highly recommend this recipe
- 1 pound eggplant (3 Japanese eggplants)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup labneh (or you can substitute Greek yogurt)
- 1 lemon, whole (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons za’tar seasoning
- Jalapeño pepper (1/2 pepper)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed (toasted)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Herbs (of your choice, such as cilantro, dill, basil, or parsley)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/grilled-or-oven-roasted-japanese-eggplant-salad-24944 by ForeverMama
So yummy! I used 6 medium tomatoes and I also made half more portion of filling for 3 peoples as this was the side dish (veggies + carbs) to our grilled chicken breasts!
The preparation is easy as assembling of the ingredients is almost no work.
To make this easier to be filled I added about 2 tablespoons milk and 3 tablespoons grated cheese and I pressed it in my hands. The breadcrumbs I used were dry roasted in advance.
The result was terrific and was filling enough for us 3.
- 4 large tomatoes, or 8 small tomatoes ( I used 6 medium)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (dry roasted)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, increase if desired.
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Source and recipe description: ww.food.com/recipe/tomates-recheados-portuguese-deviled-tomatoes-483250 by Mia in Germany
A funny way to prepare eggplants: roast to peel to be removed, flatten the eggplant and fry in the egg mixture! It was easy to be prepared except to turn the eggplant. I used a plate for this.
The picture is not very cute, but I can imagine that it would be nicer using the small Asian epplants!
- 2 to 4 talong (eggplants), average size ( I used only 1 huge oneI)
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten (2 eggs for 1 big eggplant!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
This is the first time I prepared in this way! I was lucky I had those the perfect potatoes on hand and enough dried bay! The aromatic butter browned the potatoes nicely and was perfect to season them after opening them.
Simply boil the unpeeled potatoes and then roast them in the scented butter/olive oil mixture.
- 2 lb new potatoes, of uniform size, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and stuck with 2 cloves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large bay leaves, crumbled fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Source and recipe description:
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/potatoes/bay-scented-potatoes-batatas-com-louro.html by Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909
Very simple but at the same time well herbed recipe! We loved it very much and I really recommend this as a sommer salad or warm for wintertime.
After boiling the greenbeans for about 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and toss with the other ingredients. Let cool down to serve as salad! WOW!
After boiling the green beans in hot water
- 2 lb tender young green beans, washed and tipped
- 3 qt boiling water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (added to the boiling water)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2/3 c fresh coriander, coarsely chopped – dried won’t do 🙂
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grund black pepper
Source and recipe description:
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/vegetable/green-beans-with-coriander-and-garlic.html by Vicki Butts (lazyme) @lazyme5909
WOW! This was soooo delicious! I reduced the quantity of potatoes for 2 persons (2 medium potatoes for each of us) but made the same quantity of sauce.
I saved half of the sauce for my green asparagus and both, potatoes gratins and asparagus turned out soooo delicous!
I substituted the thyme by fresh (4 tablespoons) savory; as mustard I used the Dijon mustard with whole seeds!
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 800 grams potatoes (peeled)
- 50 grams butter
- 2 spring onions (scallions, finely sliced or 1 small brown onion, finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plain)
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (fresh and chopped)
- 1 cup grated cheese (tasty cheese)
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs, I forgot this ingredient!
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mini-potato-gratins-15000 Created by: ImPat
Wonderful and easy! Can be prepared in advance and it is full of taste. I suggest to use this as addition to a simple dinner, for picnics and as pita filling!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienne sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Source:http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/mushroom-and-sun-dried-tomato-salad-1200 by: QueenBea
This super delicious dish was the exactly as I needed: I wanted to serve cauliflower in a new for my guest and I wished that this would be appreciated!
It worked perfectly, was easy and the result great. I only increased the temperature of the oven a little bit for browning!
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/greek-cauliflower-11698 by: Mikekey