I love carrots and I loved this recipe with cumin! The cooking method (carrots in the oven first and adding the roasted seeds after) is perfect and the addition of the roasted spice (I think caraway or crushed coriander) made this recipe real special.
- 2 pounds carrots (whole, or slice in half lengthwise if your carrots
- are too wide, 900 grams)
- Olive oil, for roasting
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/roasted-toasted-cumin-carrots-26058 by:
A great suggestion “precook in the oven with salt” to remove water prior frying them. This saves a lot of time and the eggplants soak less oil. Great recipe!
- large Japanese eggplants
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Source: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/eggplant-aubergine-croutons-204977 by Karen
This worked perfectly ad I’m very happy I tried this because I never though to prepare potatoes in this way (cut side down over the mixture). We loved them!
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (scrubbed and cut in half, 6 small)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons oregano (or seasoning of your choice)
Source and recipe description: https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/parmesan-baked-potato-halves-24231 by TeresaS
So simple and so good!
I did not have small zucchini, so I used two big (but so more watery) ones. After grating them I placed this on a colander and I sprinkled them with salt, I remove the water and I squeezed the flesh prior continuing with the recipe.
Great, tasty and very easy. A tasty and great family recipe!
- 6 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 parmesan cheese, grated
Tasty and impressive rice with wonderful texture! Great side dish for Turkish dishes and much more!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace (optional)
Source and recipe description: http://www.food.com/recipe/rice-with-pine-nuts-and-pistachios-457048 by LifeIsGood
This dish gave to my whole apartment such a tempting smell! I love the thyme addition! I used the herbs from my garden and potatoes I have at home (yellow and one purple potatoes), they where great and taste but did not turn to mashed potatoes (this depends on the quality of the potatoes). I prepared as suggested (halved and with skin), placed them cut slice done on the plate and then tossed with the additions. Finally I placed them in the oven again (cut side up) until the borders were lightly browned.
I’m super happy with the results, I will prepare these in the same way again and I highly recommend this preparation.
No matter did not turn out as mashed potatoes, they were perfect in any case and I did not miss anything.
- 1 kilogram potatoes (Carisma Potatoes, unpeeled and halved)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lemon, whole (finely grated zest of)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked, ground)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/thyme-lemon-smashed-potatoes-25983 by I’mPat
Lovely colors, lovely texture, healthy, quick, easy and awesome taste! What do you want more? You have to try this!
For this recipe I used wide green beans which I cut into 6 cm (about 2 inch) long pieces. For cooking Io added a splash of water and I followed the perfect recipe: see link!
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp peeled and grated ginger
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
12 oz haricot vert or standard green beans, trimmed
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
toasted white sesame seeds, for garnish
toasted black sesame seeds, for garnish
I always loved grilled eggplants and this version is real delish! I appreciated very much the combination with the yogurt sauce and the addition of Zaatar spices! I did not toss the eggplants with the yogurt sauce, but I spread some yogurt sauce over each grilled eggplant sheet. For the chili I opted to sprinkle some Turkish chili flakes over the eggplants. For the green herbs I used some sliced African basil leaves.
I highly recommend this recipe
- 1 pound eggplant (3 Japanese eggplants)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup labneh (or you can substitute Greek yogurt)
- 1 lemon, whole (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons za’tar seasoning
- Jalapeño pepper (1/2 pepper)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed (toasted)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Herbs (of your choice, such as cilantro, dill, basil, or parsley)
Source and recipe description: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/grilled-or-oven-roasted-japanese-eggplant-salad-24944 by ForeverMama
So yummy! I used 6 medium tomatoes and I also made half more portion of filling for 3 peoples as this was the side dish (veggies + carbs) to our grilled chicken breasts!
The preparation is easy as assembling of the ingredients is almost no work.
To make this easier to be filled I added about 2 tablespoons milk and 3 tablespoons grated cheese and I pressed it in my hands. The breadcrumbs I used were dry roasted in advance.
The result was terrific and was filling enough for us 3.
- 4 large tomatoes, or 8 small tomatoes ( I used 6 medium)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (dry roasted)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, increase if desired.
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Source and recipe description: ww.food.com/recipe/tomates-recheados-portuguese-deviled-tomatoes-483250 by Mia in Germany
A funny way to prepare eggplants: roast to peel to be removed, flatten the eggplant and fry in the egg mixture! It was easy to be prepared except to turn the eggplant. I used a plate for this.
The picture is not very cute, but I can imagine that it would be nicer using the small Asian epplants!
- 2 to 4 talong (eggplants), average size ( I used only 1 huge oneI)
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten (2 eggs for 1 big eggplant!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying